DTC Facilities & Resources
There are a variety of WSU facilities and resources that students use in the Digital Technology and Culture Program to create their work. We maintain (in conjunction with the English Department) the Creativity Suite and Animation Lab. More information about these are below.
Use the links on the menu to navigate to other facilities commonly used by the DTC students on the Pullman campus.
The Creativity Suite
The Creative Suite (CS) is located on the 4th floor of Avery Hall in Avery 451. The focus of the CS is to expose students to cutting edge technologies that are rapidly becoming a part of the creative industries. It will also provide students with a space to work on projects that may take a longer amount of time to produce.
There are three rooms that can be reserved for up to three days at a time for bigger projects:
- The Alternative Realities room – for motion capture, green screen, virtual, and augmented reality work;
- Sounds & Music room – set up for audio recording and digital music creation; and
- The Animation Farm – contains equipment to help create analog animation and a render farm for faster processing of digital media.
In addition, there is a conference table with room for up to 8 people at a time that can be reserved for meetings.
The CS will also has equipment available for check out including:
- Professional Digital Video Cameras
- Professional Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras (DSLRs) with multiple lens options
- 360 degree video cameras
- Virtual Reality headsets
- Augmented Reality headsets
- Field audio recording sets
- Field lighting sets
- Digital drawing pads
For more information about the CS or to reserve a space please email email@example.com.
The Animation Lab
The Animation Lab includes 16 PC computers that are primarily used by 3D animation students in DTC 355 & 455. The Animation Lab is located on the 3rd floor of the Avery building.
For more information about the Animation Lab contact Suzanne Anderson.
Digital Technology and Culture Program, Washington State University, PO Box 645020, Pullman, WA 99164-5020