Leisa McCormick is responsible for advising students majoring in English and in Digital Technology and Culture. Additionally, she assists humanities and linguistics students with registration questions.
Leisa is normally available from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. By appointment only.
To Make an Appointment
- Go to ssc.campus.wsu.edu
- Log in with your WSU network ID and password
- Click on the blue “Get Advising” button
- Select a time that works with your schedule
- Enter your WSU ID number and major in the Comment Box
- Then confirm your appointment
During pre-registration, appointments are required and can also be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leisa can also be reached directly at email@example.com.
In January 2010, Leisa was hired as the advisor for the Department of English, where she advises students pursuing English and Digital Technology and Culture degrees.
Leisa was born in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and migrated west with her family, settling in Bozeman, Montana. In 1987, Leisa and her family moved to Pullman in order to pursue educational opportunities for herself and her husband, Craig. Leisa graduated from the University of Idaho in 1993 with a B.A. in English literature and in 2002 with an M.A. in English (rhetoric and composition).
Before becoming the English department advisor, Leisa worked for the Pullman School District for 10 years. During her time with the Pullman School District, Leisa worked as the case manager for Eclipse, the alternative high school, and, meanwhile, she completed her secondary teaching certificate.
What Leisa’s Advisees Say
- “She explains the requirements and discusses your strong points and your weaknesses. She makes sure you feel comfortable with all the classes you’re currently in and will register for. She answers all your questions and goes above and beyond to get answers from different departments or professors. She is encouraging and doesn’t talk down to you.”
- “She is good at looking at all the options available for students rather than simply the most popular and easiest.”
DTC & English Academic Advisor
Avery Hall 202J
PO Box 645020
Pullman, WA 99164-5020