The Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation Graduate Assistant Positions 2016-2017
The CDSC is offering two full GAships (tuition and stipend) for 2017-18. If you are interested in digital scholarship, curation, data management, digital production, issues of access, ethics, and collaboration, consider applying for a Graduate Assistantship in the CDSC. We are an active team engaging with students, faculty and community members. The CDSC positions offer opportunities in the following:
- Technical training in software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Audacity, Omeka, Scalar, Mukurtu CMS and mobile technologies.
- Editing, transcription, and data management.
- Production of workshop materials, educational resources, and digital course materials.
- Facilitating, designing, and conducting graduate student and faculty focus groups.
- Opportunities to lead class sessions, small groups, and interested parties in the use and application of the services of the CDSC.
- Hands-on interpersonal communication and collaboration with Native American community members participating in community workshops held at the CDSC.
Applicants will be expected to:
- Work at the CDSC 20 hours a week (between 8:30-4:30) and some evenings.
- Manage CDSC email and social media accounts.
- Interact with instructors, students, and visitors.
- Set up Center space for classes, workshops, seminars, and public talks.
- Be familiar with tools including: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new software and digital tools through one-on-one and self-directed training.
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Be prompt, follow staff directions and work together with other faculty, staff, and Graduate Assistants.
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV via email to Dr. Kim Christen (email@example.com) and Trevor Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 21. For more information please email us at email@example.com or visit our website at www.libraries.wsu.edu/cdsc.